Friday, February 7, 2014

Design File: Black and Grey Beauty


My parents recently moved into their new home in Colorado, and I was thrilled to spend a week with them.  They have created a beautiful and amazing space with such attention to detail! Here's a peek:
(Above;  A "hall of  mirrors" against a backdrop of deep charcoal in the entryway.)





An antique dresser provides the perfect display space for a few favorite pieces. 
Drawers hold gloves and other cold weather necessities.





The taupe/grey tufted bench and clever collection of art and mirrors on the wall make for an inviting entryway.




I love the bold choices my mom made in mixing patterns and textures.  She has passed on a good bit of courage to me in my decorating projects.





Another bold and unexpected design decision:  Finding a place of honor for this beloved old stone lion who was once relegated to the front stoop of an apartment building.  (Getting him atop the buffet was no small feat!)

I hope the photos spark inspiration in even a small way!  Next time I'd love to share a few more design details that can totally transform a space.










No comments: